Friday, July 22, 2011

Henry Miller (Pre-Departure)

“One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.”


The most common question I get is, "Are you nervous?" And when I think about it, I haven't gotten nervous yet. I am sure it is bound to come, and I DO worry about the food a little (I don't like spicy food) but as of yet, I am just anxious to go! I will be gone for five months. The closer time comes for me to leave the more I have come to realize the length of five months. It is a long way to be away from anyone I know but in retrospect, I am sure it will seem like a small fraction of my life! For those of you who don't know anything about what I'm doing I will give you a brief update.
*Trip 1: I will be spending three weeks in India. It is mostly a humanitarian trip with a couple days of traveling. We will be working in the leprosy colonies in southwest India. Working directly with those effected by leprosy, cleaning and bandaging up their wounds), teaching english to the kids of those effected by leprosy, and also there is a focus on construction projects around the leprosy communities. 
*Trip 2: I fly directly from India to Indonesia for a week. This is completely a pleasure trip with no responsibilities. Mainly to fill the gap between the two major trips I had planned. My cousin and her family live in Balikpapan so I will be staying with them and I am thrilled! 
*Trip 3: I then fly from Indonesia to Thailand. I will be spending four months living in Phichit, Thailand. My main focus there is to be teaching english. We will be traveling throughout Thailand the whole time we are there and I will be able to work on my Thai. Two of my greater passions in life, traveling and languages! 


I have so many people to be grateful for. If you helped in any way towards me getting here, I cannot thank you enough! 

No comments:

Post a Comment