Monday, January 13, 2014

The Alex Boye Way... @alexboye

Today I'm going to talk a little bit about how we did something the Alex Boye way!!

Wednesday at Zone Meeting I was sitting next to my district leader, Elder Traasdahl, and turned to him suddenly and out flooded the words, "I want a family of six!" "huh?" he responded... "I want to teach of family of six.." He just kind of looked at me, nodded his head and said "Well okay!" 
That night as I knelt down to pray I had a "movie reel" kind of moment and started to replay the talk from Alex Boye at the Christmas devotional. Saying that we have more power than we think. Our expectations and faith in God are too low and he is willing to give us miracles, we just lack the faith the ask for them and we sure don't expect them. So with that, I just said to my Father in Heaven.. Well Father, I know that you can do anything and right now, well, I'm putting this on my "expectations" list, to find and teach a family of 6. 


The next morning we were in an appointment with a potential investigator that we had called from our formers. A woman named Trixi. We walked in the door and there was a three year old boy on the couch and a baby in his carrier. As we started into our "how to begin teaching" she mentioned that she had another 4 year old who was at school at the moment. Then came Alex Boye, and I remember started to pry a little... counting up 4.. and wondering if she was married. That would make 5. It wasn't 6.. but I could settle with a family of 5. So I asked.. she started to talk about the relationship she was in. Not officially married because she had been previously married (the Latino teaching curse). 5. Family of five. Not bad. A few minutes in the lesson as we were talking she mentioned ANOTHER DAUGHTER, from her previous marriage. I remember my eyes getting big and whispering under my breath, "No way..." I almost jumped up with my fist in the air and said, "And that's how we do things the Alex Boye way!!" But instead I said a humble little prayer in my heart... 

Well done Alex, Well done!

By the way, Bryan... the awesome Dominican hipster that came to church last week, now is getting baptized that the end of the month!! 

Onward and Upward

Hermana Schwendiman 

Cake Boss is in our zone and one of our members works there and we got a tour of it.  Yes, that man is half hugging us... Awkward!  but not as awkward as Buddy (the boss man) accidentally touching my butt after the group photo
The 3 Alta Hawks from our zone!!


No comments:

Post a Comment