Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Jairo

I don't know if any of you reading remember me talking about a  young man named Jairo.. but that's our miracle for the week. I found the page in my journal of the first day we taught him, July 30, 2013, three weeks after we met him on the street. Well... seven months later... he's getting baptized. 
When we first met Jairo he was living a very rough life. The street life, they call it. I even remember in our first lesson he told us he wasn't able to read and write. You should have seen our amazement when he responded to our text message... miracle! Or we just proved his excuse wrong. Well it has been an amazing experience to be able to walk the path with him. To see all of the progress that he has made in the past seven months. I cannot wait to see him in white..  
It's been a weird transfer... and I haven't really had the desire to write a weekly email for the past two weeks and my comp is super speedy at doing emails so I don't wanna make her wait!! I'll repent and do a super good one next week!

Love you all! 
The church is true. 
Onward and Upward.

Hermana Schwendiman 

Windy AND cold!!  Nothing frozen yogurt can't fix!

No comments:

Post a Comment