Monday, February 10, 2014

#week6

WWOOOOOOOOO WWWWEEEEEEEEE...
What a week! 
So within a week, I had me trainee and trainer go home. Sister Millward has been in the hospital for the past two weeks and this past week, she finally escaped and ran home. By ran home I mean she was wheeled onto an airplane by her mom and they were flown home. They still don't know what she has or what's going on.. but it's a good thing she is home. AND Sister Acosta. She said that she basically hasn't left her moms hospital room since she got home... That girl. I guess I should be calling both of them by their first names now... That's gross.
We were going to go on exchanges this week with the Sister Training Leaders and they asked us what our goals were.. we sent them back a very simple answer.. "make it to week 6" Well long story short... exchanges were cancelled because one of the Sisters ended up in the hospital for the second time that week... Something fishy is going around right now and I don't like it!! Needless to say.. We made it to week 6!!! ha That's the first picture there.. our "WE MADE IT!" picture! So proud of our little triangle. 
Victor... Our little Cuban hope that we were holding onto.. Well we had an appointment with him this last week and it started out great. Keeping commitments, reading the scriptures.. doing great.. and that's about where the good things stopped. An eerie feeling came into the room and.. long story short, it turned creepy. Well after he wouldn't stop looking at our legs.. we scadaddled pronto!! Such a bummer. (Don't worry dad... nothing to worry about!!!) But it doesn't look like we'll be seeing much of him any more. We might try and have the elders teach him but that's that.
Jairo.. Still doing alright. He seems to be improving from his wall of faith crumbling on him. Well we're going to see him tonight and that's awesome!! We're celebrating the little accomplishments right now!! 

Life's good. 

Anyway on to some happier moments.. 
This month as a zone we are doing a certain book of mormon challenge.. The challenge where you ALWAYS have a book of mormon in your hands at all times! The first week was hard, unintentionally putting it down and then realizing you don't have it. But it's getting better! The other day I have a little bit of an ice age moment. You know the squirrel at the beginning and his acorn? Well yesterday one of the sisters went to grab mine off of my lap to show me a scripture and before it even got all the way off my lap, I unconsciously snatched it back! I am really starting to see the book of mormon differently... ha ha Sometimes it's hard to tie your shoes, or make lunch... but it's a neat feeling to wake up in the middle of the night and the first though is "WHERE IS IT?" Yes I even sleep with that thing.. 
Like I said before, like is good! I am happy despite anything/everything that happens. And I know that that only comes from living the gospel. It's true. It all is. And it's just that simple! 
I had a friend in the mission tell me one sentence this week and it replanted my feet in the work. (You know, they do say you become the most trunky when your trainer goes home. What do they say about when your trainer AND trainee go home?? ha ha) But he said, "This is the Lords work Sister Schwendiman." No matter how "uprooted" we might feel sometimes or how easy it is to think about what WE want or what WE think but that's so wrong. I'm not here for me and I'm just a-doin what he's a-asking.

Hey I hope you all know how much I love you and how much I love my mission. There's never a dull moment and I wouldn't want it any other way!! #fortheadventure #andchrist 

Onward and Upward

Hermana Schwendiman 

We MADE it!
The two other Alta Hawks #gohawks in my zone.  Alta pride never stops.

No comments:

Post a Comment