Friday, April 5, 2013

Well hello hello!

First of all, I had the most delicious green smoothie for breakfast this morning, easily made my day. You find out very quickly all of the little things you are grateful for, like green smoothies! Unfortunately I went to go pick up my package five minutes too late so I had to wait till the next afternoon to go get it, but no need to fear, we got two new girls in our room and one of them is diabetic so we have a mini fridge in our room and I just popped it in there and it froze as hard as a rock over night. I don't know if it was the fact here that the food here tastes like rubber, but that was muy delicioso! Oh speaking of food, the little dork room that I eat all of my glueten free food out of, is just a little room in the corner of the cafeteria and then everyone in our district eats together! Yay for bonding time. The Elders in our district are all just out of high school. I think one of them went to any college but they are... well they are boys. Elder Collins, Herbert, Clement, Gawrych, Wood, and Woods. And yes, Elder Wood and Elder Woods are companions! We have a very unique district... Every single person couldn't be more opposite than the next but we all get along really well!! The other two girls in our district are Hermana Steel and Hermana Anderson. Hermana Anderson lived in Australia and has been to New Zealand.. You can imagine the conversations we have about that! Those girls are in our room as well. The first week it was just us two and then we got two english speakers add in. They leave next week for Ireland/Scottland and then we imagine we get another more spacious week and then another round of chicas. Our room is rather crowded now but its nice to have a couple more girls in there. They are the sweetest. My companera Hermana Throckmorton is an angel. We were all talking about how lucky we were that the girls in our district get along really well, and watching how other districts don't, makes us a little bit nervous that our next companion isn't going to be as awesome! I do feel like I got really lucky with her. We could not be more opposite in every way but the fact that we are both missionaries but it works! So Easter was plain, it's a beautiful day but the day itself seemed just like another day in the MTC. We had Bishop Cause speak to us. Nobody will admit it, but we were all a little bummed that it wan't a general authority. Rumors are dangerous here. But then at the fireside that night Sister Sheri Dew came and spoke and it was incredible!! She is an amazing speaker and has a very strong testimony. Let me think of what else... We have started to get up a little bit before six every morning.. Going two days strong now! And amazingly.. the first day was partially my idea. They have something a little extra special for the Sisters here, They have a little fitness class every morning at six and so we've started to go to it. That was Thursday and we did yoga and today we got up at six again because we wanted to hit an early temple session so that we can have more time on our P-day to do... well.. to just do things. Write letters and do laundry oh and we get to go to the gym! Its a weird feeling living in this one block radius.. I feel like I have lived her my whole life and that anything that happened before was just a movie I had seen. Oh Mom, you asked about our teacher.. Teachers is more like it.. We were supposed to have two teachers, morning and afternoon, but they both have been gone a lot... weddings, funerals, sickness.. and our afternoon teacher was our investigator for the first week and a half, so we have had a grand total of twelve different teachers. They all just rotate through! I can't believe Gavin is going to Mexico! He is going to be an awesome missionary. If he has any questions about the MTC tell him to email me or better yet send me a letter! I'll fill him in on all of the tricks of this trade, like swiping your card backwards and upwards.. opens the door every time! If not you just look like a noobie trying to open the doors. Oh yes, we all have cards like the FBI that let us in the every building. A lot of people even have the belt clip that connects the card and extracts so they look like Paul Blart when they use it! Im excited for this weekend. We only have one more three hour block of class for the whole weekend because of conference! Its going to be a great weekend!
Okay mom, the only thing I want on that list is the natural glow lotion.. but I do need a couple other things like my grey knit beanie.. if you can find it! I miss it.. and the little things here, seem small but mean so much! Also I have about a million blackheads.. I don't know what to do.. any pore strips  you could get or suggestions? I have a bunch of really cute things that I will probably never wear..  and a couple I don't really like. So I'll try and send that today. Plus my ecco's I'm going to send them back and if there is any way to get them a 1/2 size bigger or maybe a full size.. that would be great. If not.. I'll deal with them but they are too tight for comfort. And I pair of shoes that are so cute but don't match anything. But my favorite pair is my black ballet flats! The most comfortable ever, whoever that girls was, she was right! Okay times up! Talk to you later!

At the temple with Sis. Steel, Anderson, Throckmorton

In class...
Me and Sister Throckmorton... love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment